Sunflower seeds originated from sunflowers. Each and every sunflower consist of one thousand seeds at one tome depending on the various sizes of sunflowers. It is covered in tear drop like shaped shells having grayish-green, black colored sunflower seeds, with their black and white stripes full of high oily contents that are nutrients dense. It is used as raw, roasted, used for flavor and texture in a variety of meals and for making oil. It is the excellent source of vitamins and minerals, calories, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids like vitamin B1, B5, vitamin E, folate, iron, copper, manganese, magnesium, zinc, selenium, chromium, carotene, phosphorous, linoleic acid and oleic acid. The consistency of all these elements host innumerable nutritional and health benefits to your body which can be read below.
- It contains vitamin E, which helps to keep free radicals from oxidizing cholesterol thus providing many cardiovascular disease like heart attack, clotting, blocked arteries and strokes. It is also the primary fat soluble antioxidant which neutralizing free radicals damages and maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes. It has anti-inflammatory properties, that helps to reduce the wheezing of asthma, reduce the pain caused by osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- The combination of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids like linoleic acid and oleic acid helps to lowering the LDL (Bad) Cholesterol level, helps to raise the HDL (Good) cholesterol level in blood and maintain the healthy lipid profile.
- They are the excellent source of proteins and high quality amino acids that are essential for human body.
- It also contains folic acid (Folate), which is required for DNA synthesis. It is good for lactating and expectant mothers during peri conception period to prevent the neural tube defect in the baby.
- Due to the presence of an substance called tryptophan and choline, which is also found in pumpkin seeds, helps to decrease stress, anxiety and depression. It also helps to improve and sharpen the memory.
- The presence of selenium helps to promote the repairing of DNA, thus protect from cancer. It also helps to promote the production of new body cells and remove dandruff.
- Its oil is used as cooking, frying, cosmetics like lip balms and skin care creams as a soothing agent.
- In addition, it also contains zinc, which helps to increase the production of sperms and strengthens your immune system to prevent from common cold, flu and cough. Magnesium for healthy and strong bones. It also helps to lowering the high blood pressure. Iron is necessary for carrying oxygen to body and also prevent from anemia, fatigue and infection.
So start eating sunflower seeds in any of the way as you like to eat them in your daily intakes to prevent all the above said conditions. Sunflower seeds and its oil may be many other health benefits like bone mineralization, red blood cell production, enzyme synthesis, migraine headaches, hormone production, muscle spasms, high blood pressure, as well as regulation of cardiac and skeletal muscle activities, prevent UV damage and much more. If you know more health benefits of sunflower seeds oil, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box given below.