Pistachio nuts is also known as “Pista” in our India. It also belongs to cashew nuts family and having green color seed covered with hard outer shell. Pistachios are sweet, delicious and healthful diet snacks. Pistachios are more expensive than other nuts and available whole year in the market. It is used as raw, roasted, baked, salted, desserts, cookies, cakes, milk shakes and sweet dishes. It is packed with lots of vitamins, minerals, bioactive compounds and antioxidants such as plant sterols, vitamin E (In the form of gamma-tocopherol), vitamin B-6, beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, dietary fiber, phosphorus, potassium, thiamin, arginine, riboflavin, niacin, panthothenic acid, lutein, zeaxanthin, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese and folate. So the presence of all these providing amazing and numerous health benefits. That’s why its time to check the top health benefits of pistachio nuts as follows:
- Pistachio nuts are the excellent source of vitamin B6, which is beneficiary for the production of healthy red blood cells. Pistachios also contains other contents of vitamin B such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, panthothenic acid, folate and biotin which hosts many health benefits. Thiamin is required for the production of energy and synthesize hemoglobin to carry oxygen in the red blood cells.
- Pistachio contains vitamin E in the form of gamma-tocopherol, which acts as a strong antioxidants. Due to this helps to protect against the damages caused by free radicals, protect your skin from harmful UV (Ultra violet) rays and also helps in the proper communication of cells.
- The presence of beta-carotene automatically convert into vitamin A, which helps to prevent from various types of cancers. It also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which is important for the healthy skin and optimum eyes health. It also helps to prevent from vision loss, night blindness, ARMD (age related macular degeneration) and cataracts.
- Pistachio nuts are also contains good amount of fiber, which is required for the proper digestion and helps to reduce the risk of developing the risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
- Approximate 1 ounce serve of pistachio nuts contains only 12.71 grams of fat, in which 1.5 grams are saturated and the remaining fat is healthy mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats. These types of unsaturated fats helps to lowering the LDL cholesterol level of the body and prevent from heart attack, strokes, clots and type 2 diabetes.
- Pistachio nuts contains strong antioxidants that helps to prevent plaque buildup in the arteries and promotes the HDL (Good) cholesterol level of the body.
- Pistachio also contains lot of minerals, which have many health benefits such as potassium helps to lowering the blood pressure, maintain fluid and minerals balance in the body, regulate the heart rate, relax the blood vessels and carry information to the brain, copper is required for the strengthening of connective tissues, providing cardiovascular health benefits and keeps nerves system health, manganese is required for the development and building of strong bones and keep metabolism healthy, iron is required to carry oxygen to the other body parts.
- Pistachio nuts are ideal food for those who were on diet because they contains high proteins, low calories, low saturated fats content and good amount of unsaturated fats, that type of serving helps to maintain the weight.
So start eating pistachio nuts to get rid of all these health conditions. It can be used in many other health conditions such as inhibit inflammation, eliminate dryness of skin, improve erectile dysfunction, boost sex drive, slow down the aging process, cold, flu, infections, proper bowel movement and much more. If you know more health benefits of pistachios nuts, then please share your knowledge with us to serve others better.