Health Benefits of Papaya
Papaya is also called the “Fruit of Angels” has yellow to orange in color and have a delicious sweet taste. A comparison of other fruits, papaya has the most health benefits from colon to cardiovascular health. Papaya is watermelon like in appearance and available whole year in the world. Papaya is the powerhouse of antioxidants such as carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids, B vitamins, folate and pantothenic acid, dietary fiber, vitamin E, vitamin A and vitamin K, phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals and special digestive enzymes that have a remarkable effect to your body. Check out the more health benefits of papaya given below:
- Papaya contains Papain (A Proteolytic Enzyme), which help to digest proteins to aid stomach, intestines and improve the digestion system. The presence of fiber also helps with constipation and decrease the risk of colon cancer.
- Whole papaya can be used for the skin treatment like burns, cuts, wounds and injury due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and medicinal properties according to the Russian State Medical University.
- Due to full of Vitamins, Fibers and Nutrients it helps to prevent the oxidation of cholesterol and raised the LDL cholesterol level to HDL cholesterol level. Papaya is a good source of folate acid which helps to control homocysteine levels in the bloodstream to reduce the risk of cardiovascular health like heart attack & strokes.
- Papaya helps to cure Alleviates Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) such as bloating, abdomen cramps, constipation, diarrhea, mucus in motions which may be painful sometimes.
- The Presence of vitamin C provides the protection against Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Papaya seeds can cure piles, typhoid fever & help detoxify the liver & papaya leaves can cure dengue fever.
- Papaya is good food for those are in Fever, Cold or Cough, Flu due to full of potassium and vitamin A.
- Eating papaya on regularly encourages the renewal of muscle tissues.
- If you are suffering from intestinal worms, then start drinking papaya seeds and leaves mixture with water to treat it.
- Papaya is low in calories and high in nutrients, so it is the best food for those are on a diet.
- Eating papaya also helps with morning sickness and nausea.
- Regularly eating papaya helps to reduce menstrual irregularities of women.
- Papaya is very good for those who frequently suffer from cold, cough or flu because intake of papaya boosts the immune system. The highest concentration of Vitamin C and Vitamin A contained in papaya is very beneficial to strengthen the immune system.
- Mashed papaya is used as a skin cleanser and toner in India. Papaya facial treatment also helps with acne, pimples, blemishes and age spots.
- The presence of high levels of beta-carotene content, lutein and zeaxanthin in papaya is good for your eye problem like stop in developing the cataracts, glaucoma, and other chronic eye diseases.
- Papaya contents based shampoos are very good to control dandruff & hair loss problem.
- The antioxidants present in papaya controlling premature ageing.
In brief it is very good for your health. If you know more health benefits of papaya, share your knowledge with us via the comment box given below to serve others better.